from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A telephone in which audible communication is established by use of a two-way radio transmitter and receiver. Also called wireless telephone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a device that allows two-way communication via radio
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wireless telephone, in which the signal is conveyed by radio waves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A telephonic instrument, invented by L. De Forest, used in wireless telephony (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. telephony that uses transmission by radio rather than by wire
- n. a telephone that communicates by radio waves rather than along cables
radio + telephone (Wiktionary)