from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device for trapping rats.
- n. Informal A dilapidated or unsanitary dwelling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device (trap) used to catch rats.
- n. A dilapidated building, a place that is run down and unsanitary.
- n. A difficult, entangling situation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a difficult entangling situation
- n. filthy run-down dilapidated housing
- n. a trap for catching rats
Sorry, no etymologies found.