from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hard, sharp, dry Italian cheese made from skim milk and usually served grated as a garnish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. From Parma
- n. Someone from Parma (the Italian city or region)
- n. Alternative form of parmesan (a kind of cheese).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Parma in Italy.
- adj. Parmesan cheese.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to Parma, a city in northern Italy, or its inhabitants, or the province or former duchy of Parma.
- n. [lowercase] Parmesan cheese.
- n. An Italian form of drinking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hard dry sharp-flavored Italian cheese; often grated
French, from Old French permigean, of Parma, from Old Italian parmigiano; see parmigiana.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)