from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To curve (something) backward or downward or become curved backward or downward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To curve again, to rebend.
- v. To curve back on itself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To curve in an opposite or unusual direction; to bend back or down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To curve back; turn backward. Also recurvate.
- To be recurved.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. curve or bend (something) back or down
Latin recurvāre : re-, re- + curvāre, to curve (from curvus, curve; see curve).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)