American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal A danger signal on a railroad.
- n. Slang A late-night or overnight flight: caught the redeye from Los Angeles to New York.
- n. Any of several fishes with red eyes, as the rock bass.
- n. Slang Inferior whiskey.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cyprinoid fish, Leuciscus erythrophthalmus, having a red iris; the rudd.
- n. The Blue-spotted sunfish, Lepomis cyanellus.
- n. The rock-bass, Ambloplites rupestris. See cut under rock-bass.
- n. The red-eyed vireo or greenlet, Vireo olivaceus, having the iris red. See cut under greenlet.
- n. A strong and fiery whisky: so called from its effect upon the eyes of drinkers.
- n. The blue-green sunfish.
- n. A species of European chubb, Scardinius erythrophthalmus.
- n. uncountable The effect in a photograph taken with flash of a subject's eyes appearing red due to the reflection of light from the blood vessels in the retina
- n. alternative spelling of red-eye.
- adj. alternative spelling of red-eye.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Local, U.S., Local, U.S. The rudd.
- n. Local, U.S., Local, U.S. Same as redfish (d).
- n. Local, U.S. The goggle-eye, or fresh-water rock bass.
- n. colloq. A scheduled public conveyance, such as a train or airplane, which travels late at night or overnight.
- v. travel on an overnight flight
- n. a night flight from which the passengers emerge with eyes red from lack of sleep
“I managed to find some free parking pretty close to their office, and me and my girl stopped off at a coffee shop for what was there called a "redeye": a big cup of dark-roast coffee with a shot of espresso thrown in for extra octane.”
“To connect the Redeye to your home's network - first select 'redeye' from your iPhone's WiFi menu - just launch the app, click 'setup' located at the foot of the iPhone's screen.”
“Jan 20, 2009 | not rated yet | no comments yet (PhysOrg. com) -- Airline passengers arriving in Atlanta on early morning "redeye" flights during the past few months may have noticed something different during their descent to the runway.”
“The extortion takes place during a redeye flight from Dallas to Miami, hence the title.”
“More on that later, after I've recovered from taking the redeye back.”
“Icelandair's redeye flight from New York's John F. Kennedy airport lands you at Reykjavik's stunning Scandinavian-style airport in less than six hours.”
“Friday drive down to San Diego and spend Friday, Saturday, and part/all of Sunday there and your return flight would be a redeye Sunday night.”
“The hilly city bring comfortable shoes is a seven-hour direct flight from New York, and the Friday night redeye lands you at a perfect time to begin a whirlwind weekend adventure.”
“Mikko Takkunen for the Wall Street Journal Mr. Kirkwood, just off a redeye flight from New York, works on a shoe for next season.”
“It's 1:45am and we're all boarded on the redeye flight, our whole party instantly collapsing into their respective rows.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘redeye’.
The things that can be done to a cuppa joe.
Inspired by hernesheir's Greens list.
Looking for tweets for redeye.