American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that refreshes: a lemon refresher, imbibed on a hot day.
- n. Instruction that serves to reacquaint one with material previously studied or to bring one's knowledge or skills up to date.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which refreshes, revives, or invigorates; that which refreshes the memory.
- n. A fee paid to counsel for continuing attention or readiness, for the purpose of refreshing his memory as to the facts of a case before him, in the intervals of business, especially when the case is adjourned.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, refreshes.
- n. (Law) An extra fee paid to counsel in a case that has been adjourned from one term to another, or that is unusually protracted.
- n. a course that reviews and updates a topic for those who have not kept abreast of developments
- n. a fee (in addition to that marked on the brief) paid to counsel in a case that lasts more than one day
- n. a drink that refreshes
“IRD, as a refresher, is a conservative political group set-up in the early 1980s by Republican activists who aimed to silence Christian voices opposed to the Reagan administration's foreign and domestic policies.”
“Promoted to Commander/05 (22 October 2009), currently in refresher flight training (jets) with Training Wing”
“This is a rocky start; the word refresher presumes you already knew about these things:”
“S.S. Moorthi, senior technical advisor, ACDS.L, told reporters that the network would be conducting technical seminars, short-term refresher courses and workshops to improve human resources with emphasis on improving skills of middle-level managers.”
“It's been a while since I've read the book, so I thought a refresher was a good idea.”
“Perhaps some kind of refresher course is in order, for the purpose of the Court is precisely to "check and balance" the power of "the sword" and "the purse" independent from "contrary interpretation of the democratically elected branches.”
“Kickass43: "condi cd use a littl 'refresher' speakin 2 tha ppl of Islam, Josh”
“Snow was also more frequent in past decades, allowing for 'refresher' courses in driving and coping with the cold.”
“There was also a need for more "refresher" sessions, not only for reporters but also editors on the basics of law and legal processes.”
“Angus, a mason, was slipping out of the yard to get a "refresher" during working hours, when he suddenly ran into the boss.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘refresher’.
Words containing "she" but excluding words beginning with "she"
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for refresher.