from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something, such as a drug or therapeutic treatment, that relaxes or relieves muscular or nervous tension.
- adj. Tending to relax or to relieve tension.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something which promotes relaxation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A medicine that relaxes; a laxative.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A medicine that relaxes or opens.
- Relaxing; relieving tension.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drug that relaxes and relieves tension
- adj. tending to relax or relieve muscular or nervous tension
Sorry, no etymologies found.