from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See rock dove.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A term used in Australia to refer to the native bronzewing pigeons, or bronzewings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the wild pigeon (Columba livia) Of Europe and Asia, from which the domestic pigeon was derived. See Illust. under Pigeon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The common pigeon, rock-dove, or rock, Columba livia, the wild original of the domestic pigeon or dove. See cut under rock-dove.
- n. The sand-pigeon or sand-grouse. See Pteroclidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pale grey Eurasian pigeon having black-striped wings from which most domestic species are descended
Sorry, no etymologies found.