Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, a form of melody in which a phrase or figure is repeated two or three times, each time being transposed a step or half-step upward. The term is derived from the first word of an old Italian song in which such repetition was used. It is sometimes applied to repetitions in which the progression is downward or is by longer intervals than a step.
- n. A kind of marmoset, the marikina.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] In entomology, a genus of cerambycid beetles.
- n. Scarlet fever.
- n. music A form of melody in which a phrase or passage is successively repeated, each time a step or half-step higher; a melodic sequence.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Mus.) A form of melody in which a phrase or passage is successively repeated, each time a step or half step higher; a melodic sequence.
- Compare French rosalie. (Wiktionary)
“This ecoregion harbors remaining populations of the wooly spider monkey (Brachyteles arachnoides) and of the golden lion tamarin (Leontopithecus rosalia), both endemic and threatened species.”
“The _brumalia_ took place in midwinter, when the days were shortest, and the _rosalia_, according to early custom in”
“Leontopithecus rosalia, in 2003, as a result of three decades of conservation efforts involving numerous institutions, many of which were zoos.”
“⑤Leontopithecus rosalia: The Golden Lion Tamarin also known as Golden Marmoset, is a small New World monkey of the family Callitrichidae”
“Below are 5 tips for healthy eating during the holidays: To speak to dietitians at the VA Maryland Health Care System, please contact Rosalia Scalia at 410.605.7464, or via e-mail at rosalia. scalia (at) va”
‘rosalia’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for rosalia.