American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To arrange, write, or print as a rubric.
- v. To provide with rubrics.
- v. To establish rules for.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To mark or distinguish with red; illuminate with red letters, words, etc., as a manuscript or book. See rubrication and rubricator.
- To formulate as a rubric; arrange as rubrics or precepts; provide with rubrics.
- Represented in red; having red coloring, in whole or in part.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Marked with red.
- v. To mark or distinguished with red; to arrange as in a rubric; to establish in a settled and unchangeable form.
- v. place in the church calendar as a red-letter day honoring a saint
- v. sign with a mark instead of a name
- v. furnish with rubrics or regulate by rubrics
- v. decorate (manuscripts) with letters painted red
- Late Latin rūbrīcāre, rūbrīcāt-, to color red, from Latin rūbrīcātus, rubricated, from rūbrīca, rubric; see rubric. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rubricate’.
words that make me warm inside
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
Words that I find euphonious, eurhythmic, or just generally fun to say.
Words related to red.
Looking for tweets for rubricate.