from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make red.
- intransitive v. To become red.
- intransitive v. To blush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To become red.
- v. To make red.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make red or somewhat red; to give a red color to.
- intransitive v. To grow or become red; to blush.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become red; grow red.
- Hence To blush; become flushed.
- To make red.
- To cure (herrings).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. turn red or redder
- v. turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame
- v. make red
red + -en (Wiktionary)