from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cross an item out by drawing a straight line through it, as with a ruler.
- v. To reject an option from a list of possibilities.
- v. To make something impossible.
- v. to disallow
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. include or exclude by determining judicially or in agreement with rules
- v. make impossible, especially beforehand
- v. dismiss from consideration or a contest
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.