from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy cotton canvas or strong synthetic fabric used for making sails or tents.
- n. A lightweight cotton canvas used especially for clothing and upholstery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong, durable fabric suitable for making sails for ships or boats.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Duck or canvas used in making sails.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Hemp or cotton canvas or duck, used in making sails for ships, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strong fabric (such as cotton canvas) used for making sails and tents
sail + cloth (Wiktionary)