from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strong two-ply or three-ply twine for sewing or tying packages or bundles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong thread or twine used in tying up parcels.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A strong three-ply thread or small twine used to sew or tie packs or packages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Strong thread or twine used for sewing up packages or bales, or for tying up parcels.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strong three-ply twine used to sew or tie packages
Sorry, no etymologies found.