from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The student with the second highest academic rank in a class who delivers the salutatory at graduation exercises.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person who graduates high school with the second highest GPA and is thus gives a salutatorian’s address during the graduation ceremony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The student who pronounces the salutatory oration at the annual Commencement or like exercises of a college, -- an honor commonly assigned to that member of the graduating class who ranks second in scholarship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In American colleges, the member of a graduating class who pronounces the salutatory oration at the annual commencement exercises.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a graduating student with the second highest academic rank; may deliver the opening address at graduation exercises
Sorry, no etymologies found.