from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past tense of sing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past of sing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. of sing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Preterit of sing.
- n. An obsolete or dialectal (Scotch) form of song.
- n. Blood: used in heraldry, in different combinations.
- n. A Chinese musical instrument, consisting of a set of graduated bamboo tubes, which contain free reeds, inserted on a gourd with a mouthpiece, so that the reeds may be sounded by the breath.
- n. Same as malignant anthrax (French sang de rate).
- n. A reduction of ginseng. Also seng.
- To gather ginseng for the market.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng
Sorry, no etymologies found.