from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A frame with legs, used to support pieces of wood being sawed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to temporarily raise and support pieces of material (for example, timber), especially during cutting with a saw or similar device.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of rack, shaped like a double St. Andrew's cross, on which sticks of wood are laid for sawing by hand; -- called also buck, and sawbuck.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A support or rack for holding wood while it is cut by a wood-saw. Also called sawbuck or buck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
saw + horse (Wiktionary)