from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sawhorse, especially one having a crossed pair of legs at each end.
- n. Slang A ten-dollar bill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a framework for holding wood so that it can be sawed; a sawhorse
- n. (slang) a ten-dollar bill
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sawhorse.
- n. a ten-dollar bill; also, double sawbuck, a twenty-dollar bill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as sawhorse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
Sorry, no etymologies found.