from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coin of the United States or Canada worth ten cents.
- n. Slang A dime bag.
- idiom a dime a dozen Overly abundant; commonplace.
- idiom on a dime At a precise point; within a narrowly defined area: a sports car that stops on a dime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coin worth one-tenth of a dollar. The physical coin is smaller than a penny.
- n. A coin worth one-tenth of a Canadian dollar.
- n. An assist
- n. A playing card with the rank of ten
- n. Ten dollars
- n. A thousand dollars
- n. A measurement of illicit drugs (usually marijuana) sold in ten dollar bags.
- n. A very small area
- n. Payment responsibility
- n. A beautiful woman (10 from the 10-point scale)
- v. To inform on, to turn in to the authorities, to rat on, especially anonymously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A silver coin of the United States, of the value of ten cents; the tenth of a dollar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tithe.
- n. The number ten.
- n. A silver coin of the United States, of the value of 10 cents, being the tenth part of a dollar, worth about pence English.
- Sold for a dime.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a United States coin worth one tenth of a dollar
- n. street name for a packet of illegal drugs that is sold for ten dollars
However, the fact that this dime is almost universally known as the Mercury dime is an indication of the potential pitfalls of too clever symbolism.
The only 2 firearms they (Rem) now makes that look worth a dime is the BDL and CDL, plus the price is near$8 - 900.00.
We do not say a dime is a deca-cent, and we do not say that a cent is a deci-dollar, so that when he tells you that our money system is metric he is misleading you.
There are craft vendors, musical performances, and local food vendors (including what I refer to as the dime bag - a $2 bag of freshly cooked mini doughnuts that you can top with powdered sugar and cinnamon).
“No one has offered my in-laws one thin dime, and unlike the average Palestinian in 1948, they had valuable property.”
No one has offered my in-laws one thin dime, and unlike the average Palestinian in 1948, they had valuable property.
There is not one thin dime's worth of difference between Republicrats. rethugliKKKLAN
The Queller 1794 half dime is NGC graded AU-55 and it brought $86,250.
The 1802 half dime is very expensive to extremely expensive in all grades, and is unknown as Mint State in census/population reports.
Someone who states "not one thin dime from Science" and is telling the truth not hiding in a closed session at the NASA budget hearing so no one will hear the lies. anyone will do, that the President chooses
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.