from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Climbing: a scandent vine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. climbing, without obvious morphological adaptations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Climbing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany: Climbing; ascending by attaching itself to a support in any manner. See climb, 3.
- Performing the office of a tendril, as the petiole of Clematis.
- In ornithology, same as scansorial, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used especially of plants; having a tendency to climb
Latin scandēns, scandent-, present participle of scandere, to climb; see skand- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)