from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Abnormal lateral curvature of the spine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A condition in which there is abnormal lateral curvature of the spine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lateral curvature of the spine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lateral curvature of the spinal column: distinguished from lordosis and kyphosis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abnormal lateral curve to the vertebral column
Greek skolios, crooked + -osis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin scoliosis < Ancient Greek σκολίωσις (skoliosis, "twisting; torsion"). (Wiktionary)