from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing a sound as resembling a screech, or given to screeching.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a screech; shrill and harsh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Shrill and harsh, like a screech.
- Given to screeching; screamy; loudmouthed: as, a screechy woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or making a high-pitched sound such as that made by a mouse or a rusty hinge
Sorry, no etymologies found.