from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hand on a clock or watch that marks the seconds.
- n. An intermediary person or source: heard the news at second hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of secondhand.
- n. On a clock or watch, the hand or pointer that shows the number of seconds that have passed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the hand which marks the seconds on the dial of a watch or a clock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hand marking seconds on a timepiece
- adv. from a source of previously owned goods
- n. an intermediate person; used in the phrase `at second hand'
Sorry, no etymologies found.