from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of sealing itself, as after being pierced: a self-sealing tire.
- adj. Sealable without the application of moisture: a self-sealing envelope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. A device with seals that activate without special procedures.
- adj. Describing a container that is capable of automatically closing off leaks that form in it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of sealing itself as after being pierced
- adj. seals without the application of moisture
Sorry, no etymologies found.