from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The part of a shirt that extends below the waist, especially in the back.
- n. A brief addition at the end of a newspaper article.
- adj. Very young: shirttail kids.
- adj. Of little value; inadequate or small: a shirttail cabin in the woods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The single or split (then rather plural) bottom part of a shirt, below the waist, especially in the back, which, when not tucked into trousers or other vestment, hangs over the wearer's tail-end, like a tail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a brief addendum at the end of a newspaper article
- n. fabric forming the tail of a shirt
shirt + tail (Wiktionary)