from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An oblong box, usually made of cardboard, for holding a pair of shoes.
- n. Something resembling or suggestive of such a box, as a plain, rectangular building or a cramped room or dwelling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The box in which shoes are sold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an oblong rectangular (usually cardboard) box designed to hold a pair of shoes
- n. a structure resembling a shoebox (as a rectangular building or a cramped room or compartment)
shoe + box (Wiktionary)