from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A display case or cabinet, as in a store or museum.
- n. A setting in which someone or something may be displayed, especially to advantage.
- transitive v. To display prominently, especially to advantage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A case for displaying merchandise or valuable items.
- n. A setting, occasion, or medium for exhibiting something or someone, especially in an attractive or favorable aspect.
- v. To display, demonstrate, show, or present.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a setting in which something can be displayed to best effect
- n. a glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home
From show + case. (Wiktionary)