from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A piece of glass filling a window or a section of a window.
- n. A pattern of thin lines forming large squares on a background of a different color.
- n. Slang LSD.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a piece of glass filling a window or a section of a window
- n. A quadruple dose of liquid LSD.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Windowpane, in the Vocabulary.
- n. See pane, n., (3) b.
- n. A thin, spotted American turbot (Pleuronectes maculatus) remarkable for its translucency. It is not valued as a food fish. Called also spotted turbot, daylight, spotted sand flounder, and water flounder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the oblong or square plates of glass set in a window-frame.
- n. The sand-flounder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
- n. very thin translucent flounder of the Atlantic coast of North America
- n. a pane of glass in a window
Sorry, no etymologies found.