Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who or that which skims.
- n. That which is removed by skimming; scum: chiefly used in the plural.
- n. plural In the coffee trade, the musty part of the coffee which is taken from the bags after being on shipboard.
- v. present participle of skim.
- n. Something skimmed from a surface etc.
- n. A motion or action that skims.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of one who skims.
- n. That which is skimmed from the surface of a liquid; -- chiefly used in the plural.
- n. reading or glancing through quickly
- n. failure to declare income in order to avoid paying taxes on it
- n. the act of removing floating material from the surface of a liquid
- n. the act of brushing against while passing
“Theft from ATM skimming is approaching $1 billion annually, according to Bankrate. com.”
“All the costs are offloaded to the taxpayer, and the employer is probably skimming from the worker as well.”
“He had came in skimming the ocean then shot up the clift past a radar site with caught him but too late to do any thing about it.”
“What you call skimming was a normal transfer of funds within different parts of a corporation.”
“When a book has TMI for me, I begin skimming past all the excess 'whatever' to get to the next significant part of the story.”
“Frank E. Moss, deputy assistant secretary of state for passport services, said in an interview on Tuesday that government tests confirmed privacy advocates 'suspicions that the electronic passport might be vulnerable to so-called skimming from a greater distance than officials had previously said, meaning a matter of three or so feet instead of inches.”
“However, I'm not sure I can buy that the story "goes over my head" because I'm a "skimming"-style reader.”
“SANDY - Investigators are warning about the threat posed by "skimming" - a growing crime where thieves use electronic devices to steal victims 'credit and debit card information - after a device was discovered recently inside a gas pump.”
“Watch out for "skimming" - "Skim Artists" are thieves who use small electronic devices, known as "skimmers" to capture a person's credit card information.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘skimming’.
Looking for tweets for skimming.