from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Eliciting or capable of eliciting sympathy or tenderness. See Synonyms at moving.
- prep. Concerning; about.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of touch.
- adj. Provoking sadness and pity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affecting; moving; pathetic.
- prep. Concerning; with respect to.
- n. The sense or act of feeling; touch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affecting; moving; pathetic.
- n. The act of one who touches, in any sense.
- Concerning; relating to; with respect to: often preceded by as.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. arousing affect
- n. the event of something coming in contact with the body
- n. the act of putting two things together with no space between them
Sorry, no etymologies found.