from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Oblique in direction; slanting or deflected: struck him a glancing blow.
- adj. Not straightforward; indirect: made glancing allusions to the scandal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of glance.
- adj. Making a superficial, obtuse contact with something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shooting, as light.
- adj. Flying off (after striking) in an oblique direction.
Sorry, no etymologies found.