from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing or experiencing distress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Causing or having distress, strain, or anxiety.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of distress; causing, indicating, or attended with, distress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inflicting or bringing distress; distressing; calamitous: as, a distressful event.
- Indicating distress; proceeding from pain or anguish: as, distressful cries.
- Attended with poverty or misery; gained by severe or painful toil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing distress or worry or anxiety
Sorry, no etymologies found.