Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a luminous blue suggesting the color of the sky, but really very unlike it from deficiency of chroma.
- n. A luminous but pale blue, supposed to resemble the color of the sky.
- n. Skimmed milk; poor, thin, watery milk; milk adulterated with water: jocularly so called, in allusion to its color.
- adj. Alternative form of sky blue.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the blue color of the sky; azure.
- n. a light shade of blue
- adj. of a deep somewhat purplish blue color similar to that of a clear October sky
“Michelle shrieked as she caught me, a sky-blue ribbed crew neck in my hands.”
“Admittedly, "Full House" hasn't been relevant for 15 years, but time hasn't reduced the shock that comes from hearing the sky-blue material of the onetime Danny Tanner actor.”
“Starr said the drugs were actually stashed in two bags that were stamped with the sky-blue UN logo of a world map in an apparent effort to disguise them as diplomatic pouches, which are not supposed to be inspected.”
“I settled on jeans and a sky-blue silk blouse that brought out the color of my eyes, a birthday gift from Kara the previous year.”
“Dressed in a tan suit with a sky-blue shirt accented with a green tie, Bradford sure looked and sounded like a man prepared to face all the pressure and challenges that await.”
“The pajamas were on top, a deep blue cotton trimmed in a lighter, sky-blue shade.”
“The Old Trafford hierarchy's decision to capitulate and commit at least £9m a year to Wayne Rooney upon renewing the England striker's contract last week had all the hallmarks of the fear that their best player could soon be turning out in a sky-blue shirt, as Sir Alex Ferguson's rather strange soliloquy about cows in fields suggested.”
“I was wearing an unusual blue YSL sleeveless sky-blue puffer jacket and my beau a pale grey knitted jacket from Venise.”
“All the pushing and worry in the world won't change a sky-blue aster into a meadow rose.”
“There, at the far end of the rail, was a dark blue suit; singlebreasted with a sky-blue silk lining.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sky-blue’.
Looking for tweets for sky-blue.