from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The line along which the surface of the earth and the sky appear to meet; the horizon.
- n. The outline of a group of buildings or a mountain range seen against the sky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The line at which the earth and sky meet, horizon.
- n. The horizontal silhouette of a city or building against the sky.
- v. To outline something against the sky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the line at which the sky and Earth appear to meet
- n. the outline of objects seen against the sky
sky + line. (Wiktionary)