from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. Basketball To make a slam dunk.
- transitive v. Basketball To shoot (the ball) in a slam dunk.
- transitive v. To make a forceful dramatic move against (another): "They've stopped slam-dunking each other and begun designing strategies with the ... aim of moving those on welfare into decent jobs” ( David L. Kirp).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of slam dunk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a forceful move against
- v. make a slam dunk; shoot a basketball in a slam dunk
Sorry, no etymologies found.