from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place where animals are butchered.
- n. A scene of massacre or carnage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where animals are slaughtered.
- n. The scene of a massacre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A house where beasts are butchered for the market.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A house or place where animals are butchered for the market; an abattoir; hence, figuratively, the scene of a massacre; the scene of any great destruction of human life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building where animals are butchered
Sorry, no etymologies found.