from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Emitting or containing little or no smoke: smokeless factory stacks.
- adj. Free from the use of smoking tobacco or from the smoke generated by such use: a smokeless society; a smokeless office setting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Without smoke.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making or having no smoke.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having, emitting, or causing little or no smoke: as, smokeless powder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. emitting or containing little or no smoke
smoke + -less (Wiktionary)