from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of arranging with intervening spaces.
- n. The result of so arranging.
- n. A system of or allowance for intervals: the close spacing of the theater seats.
- n. Spaces or a space, as in printed matter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of space.
- n. The action of the verb space.
- n. A way in which objects or people are separated by spaces.
- n. The space between two objects or people.
- adj. That inserts space between two objects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The making of spaces.
- n. In art, mach., etc., the division of any surface into special parts.
- n. A space thus made.
- n. Spaces collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property possessed by an array of things that have space between them
- n. the time between occurrences of a repeating event
Sorry, no etymologies found.