from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. spelter
- adj. brittle
- v. To break off pieces, especially with an axe etc; to splinter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Liable to break or split; brittle.
- adj. Heedless; clumsy; pert; saucy.
- n. Spelter.
- v. To split off; to cleave off, as chips from a piece of timber, with an ax.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To split off, as large splinters from a piece of timber in working it.
- Brittle; liable to break or split.
- Frail; clumsy; heedless; pert.
- n. A whitish scaly mineral, used to promote the fusion of metals.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.