from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or device that makes a splice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who splices; also, a tool used in splicing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who splices ropes together by interweaving strands
- n. a mechanical device for joining two pieces of paper or film or magnetic tape
- n. a woodworker who joins pieces of wood with a splice
Sorry, no etymologies found.