from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of starch.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a garment which has had starch applied.
- adj. Stiff, formal, rigid; prim and proper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Stiffened with starch.
- adj. Stiff; precise; formal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Stiffened with starch.
- Stiffened, as with fright; stiff.
- Stiff; precise; formal.
Sorry, no etymologies found.