from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wheel that controls steering, as on a boat or in an automotive vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wheel-shaped control that is rotated by the driver to steer, existing in most modern land vehicles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- the wheel by means of which the rudder of a vessel is turned and the vessel is steered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wheel by which the rudder of a ship is shifted and the ship steered.
- n. A wheel by which the driver of a motor-car alters the direction of the front or rear pair of wheels, thus steering the ear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a handwheel that is used for steering
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.