American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A cylindrical, straight or curved steering bar, usually fitted with handles at each end, as on a bicycle. Often used in the plural.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In a bicycle or motor-cycle, the curved bar in front of the rider by which the vehicle is guided by the hands. In the motor-cycle many of the controlling devices are affixed to the handle-bar.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The curved bar connected by a shaft to the front wheel of a bicycle or motorcycle, positioned nearly horizontally in front of the rider's seat, designed to be gripped by the rider while riding, and used to steer the vehicle. Usually used in the plural.
- n. the shaped bar used to steer a bicycle
- From handle + bar. (Wiktionary)
“Pushing the handlebar is the most reliable, controllable, and safe method of sterring the motorcycle.”
“The Angry Cupcake sticker on her handlebar is the latest.”
“Right below the handlebar was a small lever with R, N, D and L transmission settings.”
“He was smart to be walking it, because his handlebar was a piece of wood.”
“The "how ya like me now" chinstroke is feminine self regard; the calf over the handlebar is a weak posture; the assbag likewise.”
“Plus, the soft foam cushion on the handlebar is a nice -- and much appreciated -- touch.”
“All that is left to do, is the mounting of the handlebar, which is as easy as one, two, three.”
“If you think you know all about the available facial hair design options, consider the strange world that lies beyond the "handlebar," the goatee and the "Fu Manchu.”
“Search for anything that springs to mind on this website, for instance 'handlebar'.”
“The "handlebar" as most people know it - grown across the top lip and then down the sides of the mouth to the chin with out connecting at the bottom - is actually known as the horseshoe, which makes much more sense.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘handlebar’.
Words associated with Chappism.
words that describe facial hair,
some cute ones here
Durable items invented by Hom. Sap.
Looking for tweets for handlebar.