from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of carousel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a ride in a carnival or circus, or park, that usually has seats fashioned like horses or other animals
- n. a means of retrieving luggage at an airport or other travel area
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See carousal, 1.
- n. A merry-go-round (which see). Also written carousal, carousel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large, rotating machine with seats for children to ride or amusement
- n. a conveyer belt that carries luggage to be claimed by air travelers
From French carrousel. (Wiktionary)