from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A merry-go-round, as one at an amusement park.
- n. A circular conveyor on which objects are displayed or rotated: a baggage carousel in an airport.
- n. A tournament in which knights or horsemen engaged in various exercises and races.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a merry-go-round
- n. a continuously revolving device for item delivery A baggage carousel at an airport.
- n. the rotating glass plate in a microwave oven
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a continuous belt oriented horizontally or near-horizontally around a central structure, driven in a circular motion by some mechanism, which carries luggage delivered from the luggage hold of an airplane to air travelers; -- used at airports.
- n. same as merry-go-round.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See carousal and carrousel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large, rotating machine with seats for children to ride or amusement
- n. a conveyer belt that carries luggage to be claimed by air travelers
French carrousel, tilting match, carousel, from Italian carosello, tilting match.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)