American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that conveys, especially a mechanical apparatus that transports materials, packages, or items being assembled from one place to another.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See conveyer
- n. A person that conveys, transports or delivers.
- n. Anything that conveys, transports or delivers.
- n. A mechanical arrangement for transporting material or objects, generally over short or moderate distances, as from one part of a building to another.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Mach.) A contrivance for carrying objects from place to place; esp., one for conveying grain, coal, etc., -- as a spiral or screw turning in a pipe or trough, an endless belt with buckets, or a truck running along a rope.
- n. a person who conveys (carries or transmits)
- n. a moving belt that transports objects (as in a factory)
- to convey + -or. (Wiktionary)
“A notable decline in the amount of grain being shipped via the Karni conveyor is due to a reduction in Palestinian demand.”
“The sum total of this overturning is often referred to as a conveyor belt as it takes water in one direction along the surface and in the other direction in the deep ocean.”
“The guy lying down just coming through the scanner on the conveyor is saying, I think I see Al Qaida's plan ....”
“Workers stick the toeless socks upside down onto an assembly conveyor, which is like a miniature version of the ones used to hang clothes at a dry cleaner's.”
“This is because the current rate of ice-melting in Greenland could send so much fresh water into the salty north Atlantic Ocean that it could change the vast ocean circulation pattern sometimes called the conveyor belt.”
“In that direction lay the so-called conveyor belt of trade winds that would, I hoped, whisk me toward Antigua.”
“The conclusion: the so-called conveyor belt -- which carries warm water north from the Tropics as part of a giant circulation that begins in the Arctic -- has slowed by 30 percent in the last 12 years.”
“Shoveling earth onto the conveyor was a horrible job.”
“And that is what leads to us a crucial ocean current widely known as the conveyor belt.”
“The bearing problem on the fish processing line centred on a conveyor, which is used in the process of adding batter to fish products.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘conveyor’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
List of words (or phrases) containing eye-, -eye-, or -eye. Beginning with red-eye and eyebright.
I've since begun adding other more oblique terms that lack the string -eye-, but that...
Looking for tweets for conveyor.