from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that brays, especially a donkey.
- n. Printing A small hand roller used to spread ink thinly and evenly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hand printing roller used in to spread a thin even layer of ink.
- n. One who brays, or makes the sound of a donkey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An implement for braying and spreading ink in hand printing.
- n. One that brays like an ass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In printing, a small composition-roller used for triturating and spreading the ink on a table or slab and daubling it on a platen or disk.
- n. One who or that which brays like an ass.
Sorry, no etymologies found.