from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. (linguistics) Software used to produce the stem from the inflected form of words.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, stems (in any of the senses of the verbs).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as blasting-needle.
- n. An implement used in making joints tight by means of cement.
- n. One who removes stems; especially one who separates the midribs from the leaves of tobacco.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who makes or applies stems for artificial flowers
- n. a miner's tamping bar for ramming packing in over a blasting charge
- n. an algorithm for removing inflectional and derivational endings in order to reduce word forms to a common stem
- n. a worker who strips the stems from moistened tobacco leaves and binds the leaves together into books
- n. a device for removing stems from fruit (as from grapes or apples)
Sorry, no etymologies found.