from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hunting for game in a quiet and cautious manner, or under cover; stalking; hence, colloquially, the pursuit of any object quietly and cautiously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To hunt stealthily; stalk; lie in ambush for.
- To hunt without making a noise; pursue game stealthily or under cover.
- n. A hunt for game carried on by stalking or from ambush.
- n. In politics, a secret canvass carried on somewhat after the methods of a still-hunt for game, with precautions against publicity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hunt for game carried on by following it stealthily or waiting in ambush
- v. hunt (quarry) by stalking and ambushing
Sorry, no etymologies found.