from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pipe, usually of thin sheet iron, used to conduct smoke or fumes from a stove into a chimney flue.
- n. A man's tall silk hat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sheet-metal tubing used as a chimney for a stove or furnace.
- n. A channel for body of information which is compartmentalized in such a manner that some parties which might be interested in its use or be able to utilize it are restricted from access to it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Pipe made of sheet iron in length and angular or curved pieces fitting together, -- used to connect a portable stove with a chimney flue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A metal pipe for conducting smoke, gases, etc., from a stove to a chimney-flue.
- n. Same as stovepipe hat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man's hat with a tall crown; usually covered with silk or with beaver fur
- n. chimney consisting of a metal pipe of large diameter that is used to connect a stove to a flue
stove + pipe (Wiktionary)